We understand that a career move is often the biggest decision you can make. We genuinely care about our staff and we take the recruitment and retention of our Costs Lawyers and Costs Draftsmen seriously.
We provide in-house training to all of our Costs Lawyers and Costs Draftsmen to maintain the delivery of our services at a very high standard.
Experienced Costs Draftsmen
We provide a full legal costing service to Solicitors across the UK. On a day to day basis a Costs Draftsman will be required to deal with;
- CostsMaster 4
- Claim1/Claim1A forms
- Bill of Costs to be assessed by the Court
- Costs Budgets
- Short Form and General Management Bills
- Points of Dispute
- Provide advice and client care
What we require from a candidate
We require a Costs Draftsman with experience in drafting legal aid claims and Bills. Experience in drafting inter partes Bills of Costs and Costs Budgets is also desirable, together with experience in using Costs Master 4, undertaking negotiations, preparing Points of Dispute and Replies.
Candidates are expected to have a high level of numeracy and be confident in dealing with figures. Candidates should also possess the ability to write in concise English and have excellent organisational skills. The candidate should be professional, articulate and client care focused, with the ability to work under pressure whilst still exceeding targets.
Candidates may be required to provide sample work followed by an interview.
Dependent upon experience with consultant opportunities available
Please send a speculative CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com
Vacancies for Trainee Law Costs Draftsmen
On a day to day basis a costs draftsman will be required to draft bills of costs and various other legal documents. He or she will also be required to engage in negotiations regarding solicitor’s costs and may also have the opportunity to conduct their own advocacy. The successful candidate will be expected to handle a case load and therefore good organisational skills are essential.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, which generously remunerates hard work and provides the potential for high earnings. Full training will be provided so no experience is necessary.
The trainee we hire should:
- have a good degree; however a degree in law is not a prerequisite.
- have a high level of numeracy and literacy.
- possess the ability to summarise and quantify voluminous information and to write concise English. You should be confident dealing with figures.
- have a methodical approach to working and an enquiring mind is essential.
- be confident, assertive and articulate as the role will require communicating with other legal professionals.
- be ambitious and hardworking and be able to work to targets and under pressure when required.
Candidates will sit an aptitude test followed by an interview.
Please send a speculative CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies for Administrative Staff
We currently have no vacancies in any of our offices.